If you are receiving an error message that you are not authorized to view a video, that there has been an authentication error, or that you need to re-authenticate, please read the following article for help: Why am I receiving a message that I am 'not authorized' to view videos?
If you are not receiving any error messages, but the website's video player is blank or will not play, please use the following playback troubleshooting guide:
First, please check that your computer, tablet or phone meets the minimum system requirements for mylifetime.com. Watching on the Lifetime website requires the following:
- You must be located within the U.S., U.S. Territories or Canada to access the Lifetime website and apps.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 or above; Mac OS 10.12 or above
- Supported Web Browsers:
- Windows: Current versions of Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Mac or iOS: Current versions of Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome
- Android: Current versions of Samsung Internet, Firefox or Google Chrome
(Browsers and operating systems not listed here may work fine, but aren't fully supported by us.)
- High-speed Internet connection.
- Some pages and/or features may appear as pop-up modules. We ask that you monitor your pop-up blocker if you do not see a page appearing when you click on a link.
If you have checked that your setup meets the requirements above and are still having trouble, please try the following:
1) Update your Web Browser:
Using an out-of-date web browser may cause playback problems.
- Chrome - https://www.google.com/chrome
- Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Safari - https://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Microsoft Edge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
You can also try using a different supported browser to determine if it is a particular browser that is the cause of your issue.
2) Turn off Ad Blockers:
Ad Blocking software can block our videos from playing. Please make sure to either turn off ad-blocking software or to add MyLifetime.com in your "allowed" site list.
Instructions for turning ad-blocking off can be found here: mylifetime.com/disable-ad-blocker
Some users also report that accessing the website via VPN can cause playback issues. If you are using a VPN, please try temporarily disabling the VPN to access videos.
3) Allow Cookies & Enable Cross-browser Tracking:
Cookies need to be enabled to allow the communication needed between our website and your TV provider. Please check your browser settings to ensure that cookies and cross-browser tracking are both allowed.
If you are using Microsoft Edge, please also try resetting your browser settings by going to edge://settings/reset and selecting 'Restore settings to their default values.'
4) Try a Private Browsing Window:
You could have a browser extension enabled that is interfering with viewing. Please open a private or "incognito" window to access the website to check to see if this is the issue:
Open an Incognito Window on Chrome
Open a Private Window on Firefox
Open a Private Window on Safari
Open a Private Window on Edge
5) If all else fails:
Very rarely, the server that streams the video may be down or we may be experiencing a temporary issue with a particular video or web browser. These kinds of issues are usually resolved within 2-4 hours. Please give us some time to resolve the issue and we should be back up and running.
If you are still seeing the issue after a few hours, please contact us with the following information:
- A thorough description of what you're experiencing
- The geographical location you are attempting to view from
- If possible, a screenshot of what you are seeing
- Your current browser and operating system
- Any relevant web links, including specific videos that are affected if the issue is limited to particular content