An issue with not being able to complete sign in to your TV provider on the play.mylifetime.com website or aetv.com/activate is usually caused by a setting on your browser that needs to be updated.
Supported web browsers for the play.mylifetime.com website are Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari. Playback may not work as expected on other web browsers.
Here are some steps you can take to adjust your browser settings if you're running into an issue signing in:
- Please first make sure you are using a standard Chrome browser window (not an Incognito window).
- Check your Pop-ups and redirects setting. Go to chrome://settings/content/popups from your Chrome browser. If the setting 'Don't allow sites to send pop-ups or use redirects' is selected, you will need to change that to fully allow pop-ups and redirects, or add this URL to the list of allowed sites: play.mylifetime.com. The TV provider sign in needs to redirect to your provider's website to check your authorization for Lifetime content.
Once you have adjusting these settings, close and re-open your browser and then try connecting your TV provider once more.
Go to play.aetv.com and then tap the 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' shield icon to the left of the web address at the top of your browser. Make sure Enhanced Tracking Protection is turned OFF for our website. Once it is turned off, you should be able to sign in with your TV provider successfully.
If you have 'Strict' tracking prevention turned on or cross-site tracking cookies turned off in your Microsoft Edge browser settings, you may have trouble connecting to your TV provider through the A&E website. These can affect the successful communication between our website and your TV provider.
To resolve the issue, go to the Settings menu in your Microsoft Edge browser:
1. Choose 'Cookies and site permissions' from the left menu. Tap 'Manage and delete cookies and site data.' Make sure the toggle switch for 'Block third-party cookies' is turned OFF and the switch for 'Allow sites to save and read cookie data' is turned ON.
2. Choose 'Privacy, Search and services' from the left menu. Under Tracking prevention, make sure you are set to 'Basic' or 'Balanced.'
If this does not resolve the issue, try resetting your browser settings by going to edge://settings/reset and selecting 'Restore settings to their default values.'
You may have cookies and/or cross-site tracking disabled for our site in your Safari browser settings. Cookies and cross-site tracking need to be enabled to allow the communication needed between our website and your TV provider.
In the Safari browser, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy. Uncheck 'Prevent cross-site tracking' and uncheck 'Block all cookies.' Close your browser, and when you open it again, please try connecting your TV provider once more.
iPhone or iPad Mobile Browser
You may have cross-site tracking disabled for our site in your Safari mobile browser settings. Cookies and cross-site tracking need to be enabled to allow the communication needed between our website and your TV provider. To check the settings:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Choose Safari
3. Scroll to Privacy & Security
4. Turn the toggle switch for 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking' off
5. Try connecting your TV provider again